Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hmm....Ten Day Detox Diet?

My entire Leadership class is participating in this strange experiment known as the Ten Day Detox Diet. What we're doing is..well...eating healthily. As in really healthily. No unnatural sugar, no gluten, no dairy, no artificially made items. Whole foods only. I've been practically surviving on smoothies and all sorts of almonds. Almond butter, salted almonds, unsalted almonds, roasted almonds, almonds in my smoothies....
Yummy.
This is certainly an interesting experience. This is my first diet ever, and it's actually not that hard to stick to it. The smoothies I make (although sometimes a weird shade of green) are usually pretty darn tasty.
Yummyyyyy!

Le me wearing pajamas making a tasty after-volleyball smoothie

So I've been feeling pretty good, actually. It's nice! I've been sleeping better, getting my homework done more quickly, and even been a bit more alert and cheerful during the day!
I even got my mom to do the Ten Day Detox Diet with me. It's been a great experience for both of us. 
Did you know that sugar was eight times more addictive than cocaine? I didn't, but now I do. It scares me quite a bit. 
Tune in next time for something awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment